This blog was founded on the belief United States of America is a nation where the individual is empowered by God; by virtue of the rights He has bestowed upon all men. And that the responsibility of our representatives, at all levels of government, is to be agents of the people and of individual rights and freedom against excessive government regulation rather than allies of the government against the people. It is only through action of a free people that liberty is able to flourish, grow and expand; this is one small effort to that end.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Today

Today on this day, with the world as witness and before God in heaven I confess to you that you are the love of my life.  This day commemorates the day that you changed and renewed my life.  The day I stopped being “me” and began being “us.”

Since that day, my life has not been the same.  I will never again wake up without looking to see if you are by my side.  Never again will I come home without expecting you to be there. Never again will I look at our children and not see you in their eyes.  Never again will I go to sleep at night without thanking God that you are mine; my wife; my partner; my love.

You have changed my life in so many ways; some obvious and some almost imperceptible.  I don’t deny that we have had our difficult times, but we have also had so many happy moments, moments of tenderness and moments of passion.  I have all those moments saved in my thoughts and in my heart.  And no matter what happens, I know that I will have the memories of our life together to inspire me, console me, and to strengthen me. 

Maybe I don’t deserve you.  Maybe you are entirely too good for me.  But it is not important how you came to love me; nor how you came to need me; nor why you decided to stay with me.  It is enough for me that you said “yes”; that you want to spend your life with me; that you want to be my wife; that you want to live with me and our children.  I know that sound selfish, but I don’t care how you came to be mine, only that you are mine.

I thank the Eternal Lord that he put you in my path, and I thank you for accepting me.  Although I may be a sad, broken, imperfect and flawed man; I am completely and irrevocably yours.

I love you! I Love You! I LOVE YOU!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MY LOVE.



(from FOB Salerno, Afghanistan)

No comments:

Post a Comment